A private guide will lead you through the medieval world's most glorious homage to human ingenuity on an experience covering the Venice of Marco Polo to contemporary Venetian life.
Highlights of Venice include:
- Explore St Mark's Square, once the epicentre of the wealthiest and most powerful city in Europe
- See the splendour of St Mark's Basilica, encompasing a millennium of illustrious history
- Hear about the struggles to save this city from slowly disappearing beneath the dazzling waters of the Adriatic Sea
- Experience what "La Serenissima" signifies, and has signified, to Venetians throughout the centuries
- Step in the footsteps of the condemned and take in the spendid views of the aptly-named Bridge of Sighs
- Experience the pomp and pageantry of the magnificent Doges and hear about their outlandish lifestyles
- Enter the Doge's Palace, embodying one of the grandest propaganda campaigns ever seen in history
- Hear how the Doges masterminded one of the biggest tragedies in the history of western culture - then profited from it
The finer details of the Highlights of Venice:
Length: 2 Hours
Meeting point: in St. Mark's Square, between the two columns by the waterfront. Your guide will have an ARTVIVA sign with your name on it.
Includes: 2-hour walking tour led by your personal guide, pre-reserved entrance to St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace.
Security and personal belongings: Due to increased security, some delays in entry are to be expected. We do in any case offer the quickest possibly entry. Bags (incluing purses, satchels or pouches), backpacks or other varieties are no longer permitted in the Basilica di San Marco. There is a free baggage deposit service available, although it is suggested you do not leave any wallets or other items of value. Please bring as few personal items as possible.
Please note: Shoulders and knees must be covered when entering churches. At times, St Mark's Basilica is closed for religious ceremonies or other reasons, on occasion without prior announcement. In these instances, the tour will proceed without entering into the Basilica. The Basilica is closed on April 24th and 25th because of the celebrations in occasion of the feast of St. Mark.
From One to Two persons
from 160.00 €
From Three to Four persons
from 92.50 €
From Five to Six persons
from 70.00 €
From Seven to Eight persons
from 58.75 €
From Nine to Ten persons
from 52.00 €