Visit the Borghese Galleries, housed in the villa that once belonged to Cardinal Scipione Borghese in the early 17th century.
As a passionate patron of the arts, he amassed a marvellous collection of paintings, sculptures and antiquities now on display in their original settings.
Highlights of the private Borghese Galleries Tour include:
- Find out about this beautiful museum and its founder
- Discover the history of this extensive art collection in Rome
- See sculptures including Bernini's Apollo and Daphne, The Rape of Persephone, David, Canova's Venus the Conqueror and Diana the Hunter (artist unknown, 2nd century B.C.)
- Learn about paintings such as Caravaggio's David with the Head of Goliath, Self Portrait as Bacchus, Rubens' Deposition, Correggio's Danae, Titian's Sacred and Profane Love
- Beyond the art collection, learn about the large park surrounding the villa featuring beautiful gardens and even an amphitheatre
The finer details of the private Borghese Galleries Tour:
Tour length: 2 hours
Includes: a personal guide; museum tickets and reservations
from 140.00 €
from 106.67 €
from 72.00 €
from 57.14 €