The Original Venice Walk

0h 45'
  • Art and History
  • Churches and worship places
  • Suitable for children
  • Eco Friendly Tours
  • Special packages/offers

Nothing compares with seeing the splendid façade of St Mark's Basilica bathed in a golden afternoon light.

Embrace a millennium of glorious history as the sun glints off its domed sentinels and gleaming mosaics on this introduction to St Mark's Square and its splendid Basilica.

Highlights of the Original & Best Venice Tour include:

• Step into St Mark's Square, once the epicenter of the wealthiest and most powerful city in Europe
  • Explore the crossroads to the medieval world's most fascinating places
  • See a glorious homage to human ingenuity and faith in the merchant's skill - a game of chance
  • Juxtapose this with the poignant reminder that this is a city slowly disappearing beneath the luminous waters of the Adriatic Sea, a sea that once ferried unimagined riches and made "La Serenissima" the world's most mesmerising and mysterious city
  • Experience with our talented Venice tour guides what "La Serenissima" means, and has meant, to Venetians over the centuries
  • See the hauntingly beautiful and aptly named Bridge of Sighs, where the murmours and cries of the condemned echo over the centuries, chasing reflections through the colour-dappled surfaces of myriad canals
  • Enter St. Mark's Basilica* with pre-booked entry, scheduled when it is least crowded

The finer details of the Original & Best Venice Tour:

Prices: Adults - 26 euro; Students (6-17 yrs) - 20 euro; Children (2-5 yrs) & Infants (0-1 yr) - free.

Venice Tour Meeting Time and Dates: 3.45pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays from 17 April - 31 July and 1 September-31 October.

Includes: Quality guide, guaranteed small group, entrance to St. Mark's Basilica*, headphone audio systems when required.

Excludes: Optional gratuities

Venice Tour meeting point: Under the portico, at the foot of the stairs at the Correr Museum's entrance. This is just off St Mark's square between shops 77 and 78, under the arches on the opposite side of the square to that of the Basilica. See map below.

Please note: Knees, backs and shoulders must be covered for church entry. No backpacks allowed. *At times, St Mark's Basilica is closed for religious ceremonies, on occasion without prior announcement. In these instances, the tour will proceed without entering into the Basilica.

Minimum participants: 4 persons

Maximum particpants: 18 persons

Tour ends:  Just by where our Doge's Palace Tour begins, so it is possible to do this guided tour of the Doge's Palace right after the Venice Tour.