Marvelous Chianti Castle Wine Tour

On 2015/07/02
Julie Wilkinson said:

Uffizzi tour no other

We went on the tour in June 1015, from the beginning the guide and her passion for the gallery and its artists, paintings and masterpieces shone through and had you drawn in wonder. The other couple we were with were won over as they were not lovers of the arts. I say in all sincerety that I am pleased we did the tour and learned some of the unknown specifics behind each works, cannot get that in a book to readily (pun not intended). We highly recommend this tour rather than go individually, in fact look at the feedback from the travel blogs, this is the one tour to do. I will return.

On 2015/06/24
Mike M said:

Excellent!

Thank you Tatiana & Brenda for bringing Firenze to life!! Forever grateful for the new appreciation of art! M

On 2015/06/24
Mike M said:

Tatiana & Brenda were terrific guides who brought Firenze to life!!! Thanks for an informative tour that taught us the beauty of art in Florence, Italy. Forever grateful. Michael

On 2015/06/19
Tonia said:

Skip this tour- Guide was horrible

This is a tour you would want to skip. Tour guide was very overwhelmed by her group. As the tour continued she became increasingly more rude to the guests. After requesting to sit down in an adjoining room- the tour guide said no and yelled at me for wanting to sit. When I returned my headset to her- she responded in her microphone: IT IS BETTER TO LOSE YOU THAN TO HAVE YOU IN MY GROUP. This was sadly not her first outburst. At the start of the tour- the group requested a bathroom break, ( the meeting office wouldn't permit use of their bathroom and the wait to gain entry was approx. 30 min.) the guide made snide comments to the group about guests using the facilities. The guide, Tatiana, was not equipped to handle a 20-25 member tour. I have taken several tours in Italy during my many visits and have NEVER encountered an issue. Not only was the guide rude, but she completed omitted several rooms of art during the beginning of the tour. Skip this tour as the guide will ruin your experience.

On 2015/06/19
TONIA said:

VERY BAD TOUR GUIDE

Skip this tour. I have taken many tours during my trips to Italy and this was by far the very worst!! The tour guide - Tatiana - was very overwhelmed with the group. After requesting to have a bathroom stop ( bathrooms were not available in the meeting area and we were made to wait in a long 'tour guide line' for entry)- the guide was very rude- making snide comments about my request. After this at least 2 other tour members were lost due to their bathroom visits. These delays caused the tour guide to become increasingly more rude. I stepped to another room during the tour as I needed a bench to rest my swollen ankle - the tour guide stopped the tour and ask that i remain. When I stated I was just going to be in the next room- she angrily stated that I could not walk away. T At this point I approached the guide and handed her my ear set. After taking my set- she spoke into her mic for all of the party to hear- IT IS BETTER TO LOSE YOU THAN TO HAVE YOU IN MY GROUP. my husband and daughter were stunned

On 2015/06/01
Dave and Maria Galloway said:

Excellent tour - worth every Euro

This was very enjoyable and very information 3+ hour walking tour. Our guide - ask for Kane - presented a perfect balance of historical background to make the stops on the tour come alive. A great mixture of political intrigue and art history and daily life. Why were kitchens build on the top floor? (You'll find out). The tour ended on the very spot where the Medici family met a critical turning point ( I won't spoil the story). Thank you Kane - you are very Able :-)

On 2015/05/28
Jen Farmer said:

The best way to see Florence!

I cannot recommend this tour enough! My husband and I were only in Florence for 24 hours and this was the best way to see it. Running through the city before the other tourists are awake is magical (and we are not usually morning people). Marco is fantastic, he told us the history of Florence but also pointed out some wonderful sites that we would not have found on our own. Nice gentle 6:30 min / km pace with a few stops and a cheeky uphill to the church which gives you beautiful views over Florence. Just do it....

On 2014/10/31
Greg D said:

Outstanding

We took tours in Venice, Florence, Sienna & Rome. Nothing short of exceptional at every turn. Knowledge, friendliness and honesty are what we got with every tour and guide. They are simply the best. Thank you all for making our trip as memorable as it was. Ciao!

On 2014/09/28
Eric P said:

Excellent, friendly and professions Venice tours

We look 4 tours in Venice today (27 Sept) and cannot adequately describe how pleased we were with the quality of the tours. Christina, our guide, was excellent and very knowledgable. And most importantly, she was extremely friendly and always courteous. We thoroughly enjoyed the day. The day was made up of the gondola ride, the original and best Venice tour (St. Marks), Doge's Palace tour and culminating with the Grand Canal tour on our own boat. Christina was very impressive with her knowledge and presentation skills. It was simply a joy to be in her small tour group. We cannot say enough good things about her. One of the highlights of the tour was being (coincidently) literally two boats away from George Clooney's water taxi as he made his way to the Aman Canal Grande Hotel. It made my wife's day. And we managed to achieve this by coincidence. The boat captain was very professional throughout the madness of many, many boats on the Grand Canal at this time (a little before 19:00). Bravo Art Viva!

On 2014/09/02
Jessica R said:

Absolutely Amazing!

My boyfriend and I only had a day and a half to spend in Florence so we signed up for the Artviva Original Florence Walk. Our tour guide, Klaas, was just amazing. His love for Florence and it's history made the tour so enjoyable and made me fall in love with the city. In 3.5 hours (from 9 am - 12:30 pm) we saw: Piazza del Republica, Orsanmichele, Palazzo Davanzati, Palazzo Strozzi, Piazza di Santa Trinita, Basilica di Santa Trinita, Piazza del Limbo, Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria, Cathedral of Florence with the Duomo, and part of the Bapistery. We were given head sets so we could hear Klaas talking even if we were not right next to him. This tour was amazing for seeing most of Florence in a very short amount of time. My boyfriend and I are not big fans of art so we did not go into the Uffizi but did go see the Statue of David in the Accademia Gallery using the skip the line tickets through Artviva as well. Could not be happier with the way this tour turned out. Thanks again Klaas and Artviva!