Explore Florentine foodie culture and enjoy a traditional lunch on this lively visit to local produce markets, cafes, wine bars, and eateries.
Highlights of the Italian Passions - Food & Wine Tour include:
- Explore the foods of Florence in a small group, visiting Florence’s best sanctuaries of delectable tastes
- See Florence’s central food market with an avid foodie, an expert in fresh local ingredients who is highly skilled at creating typical Tuscan recipes
- Meet local butchers, bakers and grocers for an authentic Italian food and wine experience like no other
- Sample over 15 of Italy's greatest delicacies including scrumptuous cheeses, top-quality balsamic vinegar and bread baked fresh in the traditional ways
- Learn why Italians are so passionate about extra virgin olive oil
- Enjoy a taste of dishes from a complete, traditional meal of appetiser, entrée and main course
- A sampling some of Italy's most popular 'vino'
- And finally, to conclude your tasting experience, savour in the most loved dessert of all – gelato!
The finer details of the Italian Passions - Food & Wine Tour:
Price: Adults - 74 euro; Students (6-17 yrs) - 64 euro; Children (2-5 yrs) - 39 euro; Infants (0-1 yr) - free.
Meeting time and availability: 9.30am throughout March-July and September-November inclusive.
Length: 3.5 hours
Meeting point: Our office at Via Sassetti, 1 (2nd floor), Florence. See map below.
Minimum required to run tour: 4 adults
Maximum participants per group: 12 adults