David may be world famous, yet few people know the extraordinary history behind Michelangelo’s stunning Renaissance statue. Widely considered the most important and impressive work of art ever created, David has many stories to tell, from the saga of his commission, to his birth from a massive and long-neglected slab of quarried marble, and finally to his logistically complex placement in Florence. Hear these stories and more, including tales of the tormented genius and miserly ways of Michelangelo, arguably the most talented master of the Renaissance, on ArtViva’s visit to the Accademia Museum. As with all ArtViva’s pre-booked tours, enjoy the fastest possible museum access in the company of a passionate local guide eager to make your experience unforgettable.
Highlights of the Original David Tour include:
- Enjoy the fastest possible access to the Accademia museum in the company of a great guide
- See the David by Michelangelo, a must-see masterpiece in Florence considered by many as the greatest piece of art ever made
- Hear stories about the amazing creation of the David statue plus an exclusive introduction to other works by Michelangelo
- Discover the interesting history of the marble, where Michelangelo carved his famous statue and the original place it was supposed to be positioned
- Hear about Michelangelo - a fascinating and difficult genius, a tormented poet and one of the most talented masters of the Renaissance who died a miserly multi-millionaire
- Experience an exclusive introduction to his other famous works and much more
- Accademia ticket price and museum reservation fees included in the price, with no hidden extras
The finer details of the Original David Tour:
Prices: Adults - 36 euro; Students (6-17 yrs) - 26 euro*; Children & Infants (0-5 yrs) - free.
Meeting point: Our Office Via Sassetti, 1 in Florence's city centre (see map and directions on how to find us).
Meeting time and dates: 4.45 pm Tuesday to Saturday throughout March to November (plus 2nd-5th Sundays from 1 April to 31 October).