The dark, medieval past of Florence is brought to life on an exploration of this charming yet little-known historic quarter.
Our expert guide will lead you on a relaxing stroll around the enchanting and mysterious Oltrarno area. Delve into its mysterious and murky past on this relaxing evening stroll, before taking the edge off with a glass of Italian wine!
Highlights of the Original Evening Walk - Haunting Florence Tour include:
- Be accompanied through the most charming quarters of Florence by an expert, English-speaking tour guide
- See famous Renaissance palaces bristling with scandal and murderous intrigues
- Spy lovely riverside vistas and picturesque views of the Ponte Vecchio
- Hear about the bitter and bloody feud that divided Florence
- Traverse bustling squares where Florentines have met and enjoyed their evenings for centuries
- Visit an area repleat with artisans workshops virtually unchanged since the Renaissance
- Find out where once lived the man whose name has become synonymous with evil cunning, Machiavelli
- Pass a medieval hospice holding the dark secrets of Michelangelo's murky past
- Learn the location of Florence's favourite medieval flagellation spot
- Discover where the heart of Florence's gourmet restaurant quarter is (and don't forget to ask your tour guide for dinner suggestions!)
All this and more before sitting back to relax over a glass of Italian wine!
The finer details of the Original Evening Walk - Haunting Florence Tour:
Price: Adults - 35 euro; Students (6-17 years) - 29 euro; Children (2-5 years) - 7 euro; Infants (0-1 yr) - free.
Evening Walk meeting point: Our office at Via Sassetti, 1 (2nd floor) in the Odeon cinema building, crn Piazza Davanzati, in Florence centre. See map below.
Meets: 5.00pm each Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday throughout March-November.
Tour length: 2 hours
Includes: guided walking tour with expert guide, plus a glass of wine (or non-alcoholic alternative).