From 450.00 €
Adopt a Vine with Prince Duccio Corsini
Gain your own piece of Tuscany to treasure. Tour the most magnificent wine estate in Tuscany and learn about the noble art of wine making. Savour a delicious Tuscan lunch. All this whilst being the personal guest of Prince Duccio Corsini.
This is a Tuscan wine tour like no other. Prince Duccio Corsini is famous for his production of fine wines from his estate in the heart of the Tuscan hills near Florence, Italy.
You will meet the Prince and tour the vineyards, and visit the most beautiful and historic cellars in Italy as his personal guests. You will then place your personalized engraved name plate in the Don Tommaso vineyard, producing the estate's finest signature wine, have lunch and a wine tasting of the estate's wines and receive a gift of two bottles of fine Don Tommaso wine as well as updates on your adopted vintage, and six monthly samples to see how the wine is progressing.
When the grapes on your adopted vine are ready to be picked and bottled, you will receive six bottles of your vintage Don Tommaso wine.
Please note this experience is not available in the month of August.
Highlights and What's Included
o A complete visit of the Prince's wine cellar, the vineyards and Villa Le Corti.
o A tasting of Principe Corsini wines and extra virgin olive oils.
o A gift box containing 2 bottles of Don Tommaso Chianti Classico crù, current vintage.
o A lunch with the Prince Duccio Corsini at the Winery.
o A name plate fixed at a selected vine from which Don Tommaso will be produced, with the name of its "parents".
o 3 small samples (one every six months) shipped to the "parent's" home, to see how the next vintages' Don Tommaso are growing up.
o Finally, after 2 years, receive a wooden case containing 6 bottles of Don Tommaso (in your adopted vintage).
Notes: This Exclusive Experience does not include transportation to and from the villa for your visit with Prince Corsini. To book a private transfer with us or for more details please email us directly.
Pricing: the price is 900 Euro per couple with the wine package as described. If you wish to receive an addition wine package (that is, have each individual receive their own wine package), there will be an addition cost of 200 euro per extra package.
For additional persons to join: it is 540 euro per additional person (including wine package) for up to 8 persons. Over 8 persons the price is 500 Euro per person.
It is possible to add children and others not receiving the wine portion of the package to the lunch and tour at 150 Euro per person for lunch and tour only, possible only if a minimum package of 850 euro is purchased.
This experience lasts 2 to 3 hours not including transfers.
Postage is also not included.
It is possible to extend the special relationship at an annual cost paid directly to Principe Corsini at 200 Euro per year for the wine package. This price does not include postage if required.
Patron sponsors are welcome to visit their vine, the winery and the estate by apointment directly with the Principe Corsini estate.
About Prince Duccio Corsini
Prince Duccio Corsini's family- Distinguished involvement in art, villas and wines in Florence and Tuscany since 1211.
One of Italy's most historic families, one of Italy's most prestigious private art collections, one of Chianti Classico's oldest estates.
Prince Duccio Corsini is devoted to passing on his heritage and preserving his territory of birth. Prince Duccio Corsini and the Corsini family is actively involved in synergies with the world of fine arts, a focused range of uncompromising Chianti Classicos and long standing Maremma IGT's which are estate wines of exceptional value for money.
Prince Corsini's World of the Arts in 1730:
Lorenzo Corsini elected Pope Clemente XII. He builds the Trevi Fountain in Rome, founds the Musei Capitolini, and restores the facades of San Giovanni in Laterano and Santa Maria Maggiore.
Tommaso Corisini donates the present day headquarters of Academy of Lincei.
Family private collection includes Botticelli, Rafaello, Rubens, Bernini.
The Historic Wine Estates of the Corsini: Villa Le Corti, Home of the Family in Chianti Classico since 1427. La Marsiliana, on the Tuscan coast since 1759.
Prince Corsini and Chianti Classico Wine:
A recognizable style unique of the Northern Chianti Region, characterized by elegance and finesse thanks to San Casciano's "terroir": on cool soils, rich in pebbles. They grow only DOCG Wines based on Sangiovese's traditional blend.
Villa LE CORTI, Tuscany:
The estate was founded in the early 15th century. The Villa and the cellar are national monuments.
256 hectares: 49 hectares of vineyards on ancient alluvial soils at an altitude between 220 to 350 mt.
Prince Duccio Corsini :
"We have made some significant choices:
1. opting for a low-trained spurred cordon cultivation system so the vines can benefit from the earth's warmth;
2. finding the right balance by planting no more than 6000 vines/hectare;
3. stay traditional and never make use of drip irrigation systems.
The wines of Villa Le Corti:
Passing on a winning tradition: 12 times over 90 points from Wine Spectator in the last 10 vintages.
"I try to create elegant wines, where subtlety prevails over the excess of structure." - Prince Duccio Corsini.
• Traditional, estate wine
• Entry level Chianti Classico
• Fragrant, forest fruits, medium body
• Approachable, for every day enjoyment
• Only cement and stainless steel
• Quality/price index = 4,14
• (Wine Spectator - Vintage 2007: 87 points)
• Traditional, from a selection of the estate's best grapes
• Medium priced Chianti Classico
• Mature, Flowery, Mineral
• Intriguing, selectively for wine lovers
• 20 mnths in big oak casks and used tonneaux
• quality/price index = 2,14
• (Wine Spectator - Vintage 2006: 90 points)
• Innovative "Cru", from especially selected vineyards
• Sangiovese with 15% Merlot
• Higher price point Chianti Classico
• Mature, black fruits, fine tannins
• Sensual, for special occasions
• 16 months, 70% in new barriques and 30% in used barriques
• Quality/price index =2,16
• (Wine Spectator - Vintage 2006: 91 points)
Principe Corsini and the Tuscan Coast - a place of diversity.
An evolution in style from traditional Tuscan wines: warmth and power, thanks to the luminous, sunny, windy Tuscan coastal "terroir". From sandy soils, rich in minerals, only coastal wines based on non-traditional Tuscan blends.
Wild, unspoiled, just 6 miles from the Southern Coast of Tuscany. Only 20 hectares of vineyards in the more than 2850 ha of property on sandy, silty soils, 6000 vines/ha, with southern exposure.
"At Marsiliana, we have a richer "palette" of grapes than in Chianti Classico, with as many as seven components: 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, plus 10% of a "fritto misto" with Petit Verdot, Syrah, and other varietals we are experimenting with."
• Cabernet S. + Merlot, Estate's Top Wine
• Medium-priced, Maremma I.G.T.
• Silky, dark fruits, Fully Body
• Terroir driven, enjoy with meals
• After 10 month of barrique aging, the best barriques (wines) are selected for another 8 months aging.
• Cabernet S. + Merlot, the Estate's "Second Vin"
• Very competitive, Maremma I.G.T.
• Dark fruit, chocolate, full body
• Fun wine, enjoy every day
• After 10 month of barrique aging, the wines not selected for "Marsiliana" are blended and bottled as Birillo.
The Newest Principe Corsini Wines
• Chianti DOCG
• 2.95 Euro/Bott.
• Young, fresh, ready to drink
• Only cement
• Aged 12 months
• Chianti Classico DOCG
• 7.00 Euro/bott.
• Ripe, Fruity, Can Age Well
• Large casks, no barriques
• Aged 18 months
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Make your booking
in a few easy steps
Meeting point Today's date: 1 March 2015
The next possible tour date is:
23 March 2015.
Online bookings must be completed at least 21 days in advance.
For last minute requests, please call us on +39 055 2645033 or skype artvivatours