This is a package combining two tours:
The Original Venice Walk
Embrace glorious, glittering history on this introduction to St Mark's Square and its splendid Basilica.
Highlights of the Original Venice Walk:
- Step into St Mark's Square, once the epicenter of the wealthiest and most powerful city in Europe
- Explore the crossroads to the medieval world's most fascinating places
- See a glorious homage to human ingenuity and faith in the merchant's skill - a game of chance
- Juxtapose this with the poignant reminder that this is a city slowly disappearing beneath the luminous waters of the Adriatic Sea, a sea that once ferried unimagined riches and made "La Serenissima" the world's most mesmerising and mysterious city
- Experience with our talented Venice guides what "La Serenissima" means, and has meant, to Venetians over the centuries
- See the hauntingly beautiful and aptly named Bridge of Sighs, where the murmours and cries of the condemned echo over the centuries, chasing reflections through the colour-dappled surfaces of myriad canals
- Enter the Basilica* with pre-booked entry, scheduled when it is least crowded
The finer details of the Original Venice Walk:
Meeting Time and Dates: 3.45pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays from 17 April - 31 July and 1 September-31 October.
Includes: Quality guide, guaranteed small group, entrance to St. Mark's Basilica*, headphone audio systems when required.
Excludes: Optional gratuities
Meeting point: Under the portico, at the foot of the stairs at the Correr Museum's entrance. This is just off St Mark's square between shops 77 and 78, under the arches on the opposite side of the square to that of the Basilica. See map below.
Please note: Knees, backs and shoulders must be covered for church entry. No backpacks allowed. *At times, St Mark's Basilica is closed for religious ceremonies, on occasion without prior announcement. In these instances, the tour will proceed without entering into the Basilica.
Minimum participants: 4 persons
Maximum particpants: 18 persons
Tour ends: Just by where our Doge's Palace Tour begins, so it is possible to do this guided tour of the Doge's Palace right after the Venice Tour.
Doge's Palace Visit
Discover the grand Venetian mercantile dynasty on this small-group guided visit.
Highlights of the Doge's Palace Visit include:
- Visit the Doge's Palace, a must-see site in Venice that embodies one of the greatest propaganda campaigns ever seen in history
- Discover how the superb gothic façade masked a sinister style of government developed to carefully drive the commercial interests so important to Venice's history
- Learn about the Doges' bizarrely cloistered lifestyles that were strictly interwoven into the very fabric of Venice
- Find out about the bizarre and fascinating archaic rituals followed by the Doges
- Hear how the Doges orchestrated one of the greatest tragedies in the history of western culture - and then profited from it
- Follow in the footsteps of the condemned as we walk though bygone eras and see their poignant tracings engraved into the palace prison walls
- Explore this majestic structure at time best suited to smaller crowds
The finer details of the small-group Doge's Palace Visit:
Prices: Adults - 42 euro; Students (6-17 yrs) - 39 euro*; Children (2-5 yrs) - free; Infants (0-2 yrs) - free.
Included in the price: Guided Doge's Palace tour, Doge's Palace entry ticket, small group guarantee, audio head phones if required.
Excluded from the price: Optional gratuities
Meeting time and dates: meets 4:30pm for a 4:45pm start on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays from 17 April- 31 July and 1 September - 31 October.
The Doge's Palace Tour meeting point: At the exit of the Doge's Palace ('Porta della Carta'), just to the right of the St Mark's Basilica. Our guide will be holding our Artviva Walking Tours brochure.
The Original Doge's Palace Tour ends: just by where our Grand Canal Tour meets so you have time to choose both options should you wish.
Please note: *All persons under 17 must present valid ID showing date of birth for entry into museums or full adult price will be charged. We request you do not bring any backpacks, as they are not allowed inside the Doge's Palace. Our Small-group Venice Tours are unavailable in the month of August but private tours are available all year round exclusively for you. Please see our Private Venice Tours for more information.
Museum security: Due to increased security, some delays in entry are to be expected. We do in any case offer the quickest possibly entry.
Tour length: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Minimum participants: 4 adults
Maximum participants: 18 adults
Weather: this tour runs rain or shine
FOR LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS CALL OUR OFFICE NOW: ++39 055 2645033 (Mon-Sat 8am-6pm)
Minimum Numbers Guarantee: On rare occasions, our tours do not meet their minimums, however we have an alternate option and would be happy to run the tour just for you at our cost price to ensure that you do not miss it. Please click here for more details.